Garages are often areas that are poorly lit, where it’s hard to see and it’s hard to be productive. But if you want to use your garage and make the most of its space, better lighting solutions are a great idea. But what are the best garage lighting options?
The good news is that garage lighting options are plentiful. Here’s a look at some of the most popular and modern interior garage lighting ideas you can choose from as you try to improve this important space:
- Stick to LED: Gone are the days when garages should have traditional bulbs or fluorescent lighting. Rather, look for LED garage lighting ideas that match up with how you want to use your garage. LED lights are bright, long-lasting and inexpensive. They deliver an incredible return on your initial investment. LED lights are also energy-efficient, so you don’t have to worry about adding to your electricity bill.
- Check the Lumens: Not all garage lighting fixtures are created equal. When you’re looking at indoor garage lights, check the number of lumens each offers. Lumens are the measure of a light’s brightness, and you’ll find LED options that are as low as 3,000 or 4,000, and you’ll also find options that deliver 10,000 or more lumens. Choose according to how you want to use your garage.
- Lifespan Matters, Too: Yes, all LED lighting solutions deliver long lifespans. But some deliver lifespans that are longer than others. If you narrowed down your options and you’re looking for a differentiator, consider looking a light’s average lifespan to help make your final decision.
- Chains vs. Switches: When you’re lighting above a work area, it’s sometimes handy to have a chain-pull lighting option. Simply pull the chain hanging down from the light, and you’re in business. But, if you’re looking for more general lighting for the garage, it’s often best to have a switch-operated light — something that turns off and on at the wall. Again, consider why you need additional lighting and how that lighting will be used as you seek to make the best decision for your garage.
- Size and Installation: Here are two final things to consider as you look at interior lighting for garages. You’ll want to do some comprehensive measuring to ensure you have the space needed for your preferred lighting solution. And you’ll also want to make sure your chosen lighting is easy to install and that it’s something you can do on your own — or that you have a service provider who can help.
At Cookson Door Sales, we are passionate about working with Arizona home and business owners to make sure they are getting what they want and need out of their garages. If you have questions about interior garage lighting ideas or LED garage lighting ideas, we can provide answers. We’re also your source for products and service if you ever need garage door or opener installation, repair or maintenance in Arizona. When you have garage door needs, let Cookson provide the solutions.
Contact us today about garage lighting options for your home or business.