A garage door takes up a huge portion of most homes’ street-facing façades. That’s why a garage door can have a huge impact on curb appeal. But is your garage door helping to improve curb appeal? If not, it may be time for a garage door makeover. There are measures you can take to improve the look and feel of your garage door and how it impacts your home, all without spending too much money.
Here’s a look at some options you have when looking to upgrade a garage door:
- Fresh Paint: Garage door are out in the elements all day long, taking the direct sunlight and rain. Over time, the elements can make garage door paint fade. Adding a fresh coat of paint to your garage door is the fastest and easiest way to breathe new life into its appearance and to improve curb appeal. And the best part about new paint for your garage door makeover is that it’s one of the most affordable upgrade options.
- New Stain: If you have a wood garage door, you may need stain rather than paint. If you’re really looking for ideas on how to dress up a garage door, consider changing things up with a new stain color. The same goes for paint. A surefire way to upgrade a garage door and generally improve curb appeal is to think strategically about a new paint or stain color. Make sure what you choose complements the rest of your home’s color scheme and works in concert with its existing architecture.
- Add Hardware: Many choose to add decorative hardware as part of a garage door makeover. Hardware kits can give a traditional garage door a more refined look and feel, and you can even make a panel garage door look like a carriage style option through the addition of new hardware. Check out your many garage door hardware options, and see if there’s one that helps your garage door enhance your home’s curb appeal.
- Trim for Windows: You can add trim to your garage door windows that essentially adds new panels and makes your garage door look much more elegant. Garage door windows are great for letting some light into your garage, but they are also an opportunity to add an architecturally interesting component to your garage — which certainly helps enhance curb appeal.
- Spring Clean: Don’t forget the easiest thing you can do to upgrade a garage door — simple cleaning. Your garage door is a magnet for dust and dirt and grime, and simply cleaning can go a long way. You can even consider using a power washer to get the best results for your garage door makeover.
If you have questions about how to dress up a garage door, or if you’re in search of garage door products and services, let Cookson Door Sales help. We proudly serve Arizona home and business owners, and we can help you execute the garage door makeover your home deserves.
Contact us today for ideas about how to dress up a garage door.