Garages are incredibly valuable spaces in homes, not just because of how they protect your most precious assets, like cars, but also for how they can be flexible. Are you considering converting a garage to workout room? If so, there are lots of options for you to choose from and ideas for you to consider. Here’s a look at some of the best ideas when you want to convert a garage to workout area:
- Create a Plan: When you want to get fit in a garage, you can’t go into things willy-nilly. You’ll need a game plan that maps out what you want to accomplish and how you’re going to get there. Decide on your priorities, and then consider how to use the space available to you to see those priorities realized. If you just start buying equipment and tossing it into your garage, you’re going to have a much harder time.
- Heating and Cooling: One of the key considerations is heating and cooling. Yes, you can often just open the garage door on nice days. But days aren’t always nice. What are you going to do when it’s super hot or incredibly cold outside and in your garage? You can start by installing an insulated garage door, which will help control the temperature. And you can also install a special garage heater. For warmer days, consider adding a few high-powered fans to help you keep cool.
- Space and Security: You’re going to want your garage door to give your space plenty of headroom so your equipment fits, and you’re also going to want plenty of security so your equipment is safe. So consider adding a high lift conversion for your garage door, which provides the added headroom. And there are plenty of garage door security measures you can take to ensure your stuff is safe.
- Storage: Do whatever possible to maximize your garage’s storage space when you’re considering garage workout ideas. Hang things from the ceiling, mount things on the walls and take advantage of storage bins that are designed for workout equipment. In short, you’ll want a dedicated space to keep all your workout gear so it’s easily accessible and not in the way.
- Flooring: A special coating for a concrete floor can give your DIY garage gym a more finished-out appearance. Floortex offers some options, and you can find other manufacturers that offer high-quality concrete finishes that will make your converted garage gym feel more professional.
- Equipment: Now that your gym is ready to go, make sure you get the right stuff. If you’re buying equipment, do some measuring to make sure what you’re getting will work where you will be converting a garage into a workout room.
At Cookson Door Sales, we proudly serve as garage door experts to Arizona’s home and business owners. If you have questions about a garage door to enhance your workout area or anything else related to garage doors, you can always count on us.
Contact us today for your garage door needs today.